Grey Flannel Auctions is proud to announce the renewal of its exclusive partnership agreement with the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts.
The agreement extends the mutually beneficial arrangement that has existed between the two entities since the early 1990s. Under the terms of the partnership, Grey Flannel will continue to conduct its Annual Basketball Hall of Fame Induction Auction at the Hall each September. As part of the induction weekend’s activities, Grey Flannel will also keep up its tradition of hosting the annual Reunion Dinner for returning Hall of Famers, new inductees and their families. Additionally, Grey Flannel will maintain its long-held role as the Basketball Hall of Fame’s official appraisers and authenticators.
“We highly value the friendship and close working association that has developed between our company and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame over the past two decades,” said Grey Flannel Auctions’ president Richard E. Russek. “We are honored that the Hall chose to renew the arrangement that has worked so well for so many years.” “With prices for authentic, game-worn professional basketball memorabilia skyrocketing, we foresee new world records in our annual Hall of Fame auctions,” Russek said. “Basketball has become a powerful international attraction, and its superstars and legends of the past are viewed as sports royalty everywhere on earth.
When we can achieve prices like $156,000 for Dave Cowens’ Celtics MVP Award and $132,000 for one of Dr J’s All- Star uniforms, that tells you what basketball means to its fans.” Grey Flannel’s 2013 Basketball Hall of Fame Induction Auction will be one of the key events featured within a slate of activities scheduled for Sept. 6-9 at the Hall. For additional information or to discuss consigning to the auction, contact Grey Flannel by calling 631-388-7800 or e-mailing email@example.com.
Previous BHOF Induction Auction Catalog Highlights:
- 1972-73 Dave Cowens Boston Celtics MVP Award. Sold for $156,000
- 1974 Julius ‘Dr J” Erving ABA Eastern Conference All-Stars game-used uniform. Sold for $132,000
- 1976 Walter Davis USA Basketball Olympic Gold Medal. Sold for $108,000
- Early 1960s Jerry West Los Angeles Lakers game-used, autographed home jersey. Sold for $96,000
- 1968-1969 Bill Russell Boston Celtics worn home warm-up jacket. Sold for $84,000 by Grey Flannel Auctions.
- 1972 Wilt Chamberlain Western Conference All-Star Game-used home uniform.