Thanks Paul! To view this post and other fine uniform related discussions head over to Uni-Watch.com
Our friends at Grey Flannel Auctions have another big auction underway. Here are some of the more interesting items:
• Oh baby, it just doesn’t get any better than this spectacular Minnesota Pipers warm-up top. Magnificent!
• The Harlem Magicians were a Globetrotters-esque team founded by Marques Haynes. Check out their uniforms! And dig the uni number, too.
• I love how the ABA’s Utah Stars used a star-shaped motif for the NOBs on their shooting shirts.
• How great would it be if the Knicks went back to this warm-up design? A little surprising there are no stripes on the sleeve cuffs, though.
• We’re used to seeing Pete Maravich wearing a nickNOB. But at one point — okay, it was for a promotional campaign, but still — he went FNOB.
• Never seen such a big shawl collar like the one on this St. Louis Hawks warm-up. Be sure to click the thumbnail for the front view — bizarre, no?
• If you click-through the thumbnails on this Cincinnati Royals jersey, you’ll see that the memorial shoulder band (which was for team owner Thomas Wood) came to a point. I’m not sure why I like that so much, but I do indeed like it!
Want to see more? You can browse through the entire auction catalog here.