This is your fair warning that the auction is winding down and may close at any time without notice. If you have been waiting until the last-minute to get your final bids in, now is the time. If you truly have interest in winning a lot we encourage you to place your bid(s). This sale may end earlier than you expect.
Thank you to all who participated in another fantastic Grey Flannel auction!
Bidding for Grey Flannel Auctions’ highly anticipated Summer Games catalog closes tonight! Please note that our phone lines and servers tend to get very, very busy as we approach auction close and we recommend not waiting to the last-minute to place your bids.
INITIAL BID(S) REMINDER Initial bids must be placed prior to 9:00 PM PST (Midnight EST) tonight if you wish to participate in the extended bidding portion of our auction. Once in Extended Bidding, bidding on each lot will be limited to only those bidders who have previously placed their initial bids on that specific lot. For ongoing lots after the close of initial bidding, the 10-minute rule will be put into effect. The 10-minute rule means the auction will not end until there are no bids for the entire auction for a period of 10 minutes. The entire auction will close simultaneously, not one lot at a time.
• Here’s something interesting: a Saints tearaway jersey. According to the listing, “This is a lightweight cotton tear-away jersey which may have been worn in the preseason necessitated by the excessive heat in New Orleans.” Hmmm. It also describes the numbers and NOB lettering as being “painted on.” Note also that the NOB has a gap running through it. Weird.
• You may have seen Ken Griffey Jr. uniforms before, but you probably haven’t seen this one, which he wore for Father-Son Day in Cincinnati when he was about five years old!
• This old Steve Carlton Phillies jersey is Exhibit A for why teams with pinstripes should never use nameplates for their NOBs. I hate how the plate disrupts the pins — grrrrr.
• We all know that Orioles skipper Earl Weaver famously had a little cigarette pocket sewn into the inside of his jerseys. But according to this listing, Frank Robinson also had the inner cig pouch when he coached for the O’s in 1979. I’d never heard that before. Sure enough, you can see the outline of the pouch on his front jersey number.
• Oooh, look at this magnificent California Angels jacket. Love that giant state-halo logo on the back. Really miss that logo.
Want to see more? You can browse through the entire auction here.
Bidding for Grey Flannel Auctions’ highly anticipated Summer Games catalog is officially underway!
As our loyal customers have come to expect, this sale will include a wide array of game-used memorabilia, historical artifacts, screen-worn Hollywood collectibles and rare one-of-a-kind autographs. Auction Ends 6/21/2017. Physical catalogs are in the mail and should begin to arrive shortly.